Re: OT: CPU Speed and Temperature

 --- Shri Shrikumar <shri@urbyte.com> escribió: > Alvin Oga wrote:

> >a P4 should be running at about 30-35C ... in idle
> >

> Yes, you are correct. It runs 30-35C at idle. At 100% utlisation for a
> while, it pops up to around 69C.
>
> Shri

Thankfully my numbers are now falling more inline with that now.  Yesterday
my average idle temp (while surfing the net with Moz Firebird) stayed right
aroung 45-47C.  Last night I decided to install Gentoo and throughout the
whole bootstrap and 'emerge system' process (about 4 to 5 hours) the highest
temperature was 62C, even even going full tilt for so long.  I appreciate all
the advice.

I also took Jamin's (I think it was him) advice and ran memtest86 last night.
It is now showing:

Pass 95%
Test 56%
Test #11 .....

It is also showing 0 errors so far.  I guess this is a good way to have peace
of mind that my memory sticks are good.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es