Re: ATAPI CD-writer

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 23:23:25 +1200
cr <cr@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> I believe I also probably need sg and sr_mod.   Can they also be loaded
> via modprobe?   And - this is probably a stupid question but, where would
> I find  these modules - sg, sr_mod and  ide-scsi?   insmod  can't find
> them -
>
> insmod: sg: no module by that name found
>
> I can't find them anywhere on my system, nor listed by name on the
> complete Debian Woody CD-rom contents list that I keep handy.   The
> CD-Writing HOWTO says  "Please read the next chapter if insmod complains
> about missing module files" but I can't find any further mention of them
> in the HOWTO (unless I > missed it).

Modules are located in /lib/modules/<kernel_name>. Each kernel has its own
modules subdirectory, created and filled when you install the kernel.

If you use "modprobe ide-scsi", the system will find and load the ide-scsi
module and any modules it depends on (like sr_mod and scsi_mod). So you
shouldn't need to load these modules individually.

Kevin