Re: different versions of mozilla in parallel

Hello

Lukas Ruf wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to have two different versions of Mozilla installed on my
> Laptop: the very latest with sid and v1.2.  The reason for this:
> unprofessional software like found in telebanking applications check
> for the browser version; the latest mozilla supported by my bank is
> 1.2.
>
> Is there any way to get such a configuration working this?  I do not
> want to run both in parallel -- just being runnable.

I have been using Mozilla 1.0.0 and several newer Versions up to 1.4 RC2
parallel without problems. The older version was installed through apt
(official woody package), the newer versions were downloads from
mozilla.org, installed in /usr/local/mozilla. All versions could share the
same user profile.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--