Re: different versions of mozilla in parallel

Jochen Rosenbauer <debian@q99q.net> [2003-07-03 10:18]:
> Am Mittwoch, 2. Juli 2003 16:56 schrieb Lukas Ruf:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I would like to have two different versions of Mozilla installed on my
> > Laptop: the very latest with sid and v1.2.  The reason for this:
> > unprofessional software like found in telebanking applications check
> > for the browser version; the latest mozilla supported by my bank is
> > 1.2.
> >
> > Is there any way to get such a configuration working this?  I do not
> > want to run both in parallel -- just being runnable.
> >

> Why mess with two or more browsers just to get by past a user-agent check?
> I'd recommend getting the Mozilla user-agent plugin from mozdev.org
> http://uabar.mozdev.org/uabar.xpi
> (or some other place that is found by google...) and set it to fake whatever
> they expect.
> Works for me.

thanks for the hint!  However, I cannot find the configuration
settings.  Do I need to be root to install that?  If so, can I trust
this site?

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |