Re: Apache is killed everyday at 6:28

Hi there!

First of all thanks for your reply. Same goes to all
those who also replied :-)

--- Shyamal Prasad <shyamal.prasad@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
>     Maria> Hi there!  Problem: Apache is killed
> everyday at around
>     Maria> 06:28 System: Debian Woody, kernel
> 2.4.18, apache 1.3.26
> Perhaps thisis normal. Do you have logrotate doing
> this every morning
> by any chance. Look for /etc/logrotate.d/apache and
> 'man logrotate'.
>
>     Maria> file /var/log/apache/error.log:
>     Maria> [Sat Jun 28 06:27:20 2003] [notice]
> SIGUSR1 received.
>     Maria> Doing graceful restart
>
> That graceful restart is a strong clue that this is
> normal. If so
> Apache should be restarting by itself and you would
> not know about
> this unless you looked in the logs.

This is what I have at /etc/logrotate.d/apache:

---CUT---

/var/log/apache/*.log {
        weekly
        missingok
        rotate 52
        compress
        delaycompress
        notifempty
        create 640 root adm
        sharedscripts
        postrotate
                /etc/init.d/apache reload > /dev/null
        endscript
}

---CUT---

It seems that after rotating (if I've understood it
well, did I?) the server is reloaded.... but some
times the server doesn't go up. For example today at
6:28 it did but many other days (the majority of them)
it does not....

But it also seems that it rotates weekly (first word
of the script) so it shouldn't happend every day....

Today (2nd) /var/log/apache/error.log hasn't been
rotated. It was the 29th...

Kisses,
Maria