Re: openbox3

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 09:08:45AM -0700, M. Kirchhoff wrote:
> It was just released as source on 29 June...doubt anyone has created a
> .deb package yet.

It's not hard to build, though.  It has a few more dependencies than v2
does, notably libxml.

> I'm excited to try it, though; supposedly version 3 is written from scratch.

It's an *alpha*, don't forget.  I *will* say that it does a better job
supporting _NETWM_FULLSCREEN than openbox2 does. :)

Also note that it currently has no multi-head support, unlike openbox2.  If
you want to use your multiple monitors, you'll have to reconfigure and use
Xinerama.

--
 Marc Wilson |     And now for something completely different.
 msw@cox.net |