Re: deb http://people forbidden

Thus spake Marcelo Chiapparini:
> Hello,
>
> Anybody knows what's the problem with people.debian.org? I have the
> following line in my apt.souces:
>
> # xfree 4.2.1 for Woody. Gnome 2.2 needs it...
> deb http://people.debian.org/~blade/woody/i386 ./
>
> and I get the following message when I run "apt-get update":
>
> Err http://people.debian.org ./ Packages
>   403 Forbidden

Likely because the directory is forbidden.
See http://people.debian.org/~blade/woody/

From there:
The backports of XFree86 are no longer maintained by me. You can use the
builds from other maintainers, eg. from Adrian Bunk:

deb http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/debian woody/bunk-1 main contrib non-free
deb-src http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/debian woody/bunk-1 main contrib non-free

For more apt-Sources, visit http://www.apt-get.org .

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

Every good citizen makes his country's honor his own, and cherishes it
not only as precious but as sacred. He is willing to risk his life in
its defense and is conscious that he gains protection while he gives
it. - Andrew Jackson