spamd logging to console

Hi,

I've been looking through /etc/ and reading man pages for hours & I just
can't find it: some setting somewhere is causing the following to be
logged to the console for every message spamassassin sees:

<mail.info>spamd[824]: connection from ENKIDU [ 127.0.0.1 ] at port
43344

I first looked in /etc/syslog.conf, but the only mention of ttys is some
stuff Bastille firewall put in over a year ago to log stuff to tty7 &
tty8. This is a fairly new problem -- it's been almost 2 months since I
last logged into the console on this box, so all I can say for sure is
that it wasn't happening then -- and one that doesn't restrict itself to
any particular tty, the messages appear on any console I'm using.

There is the following xconsole thing too, but that seems pretty
standard, & x isn't even installed, so I'd imagine it to be harmless:
  daemon.*;mail.*;\
        news.crit;news.err;news.notice;\
        *.=debug;*.=info;\
        *.=notice;*.=warn       |/dev/xconsole

So I began to look at /etc/spamassassin, but all of the spamassassin
configuration files I could find are over a year old as well. exim.conf,
too, knows nothing about it. grepping /etc/ for mail\.info only turns up
syslog.conf, and LOG_MAIL turns up nothing

I notice David Lloyd's message 'Spamassassin Logging to Console' in the
archives [1], which appears never to have been answered. Most of my
machine is plain stable, with the exception of some perl modules I had
to upgrade to support rt3 backported from unstable (some from unstable,
some direct from CPAN)

ii  spamassassin   2.20-1woody    Perl-based spam filter using text analysis
ii  sysklogd       1.4.1-10       System Logging Daemon
ii  exim           3.35-1         An MTA (Mail Transport Agent)
ii  procmail       3.22-4         Versatile e-mail processor.
ii  fetchmail      5.9.11-6.2     POP3, APOP, IMAP mail gatherer/forwarder (cr

note too that my spamassassin is actually a weird hybrid, it reports
itself as 2.43 (installed from CPAN) but I guess dpkg still thinks it's
2.20 (this has been the case since I install/upgraded it & I'm reluctant
to mess with it as it's been working very well)

Any other ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,
Kenneth

PS. given the state of the mailing list lately, I've added a
Mail-Followup-To header to indicate I prefer to receive direct ccs,
since it's not a standard header I also mention it here

[1]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200303/msg01390.html