Re: You must have Ncurses installed in order to use 'make menuconfig'

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 09:27:54AM -0400, nori heikkinen wrote:
> on Wed, 25 Jun 2003 03:04:20PM -0500, Nathan Poznick insinuated:
> > Thus spake breno.moiana@partekforest.com:
> > > However, I *do* have libncurses5 installed, as well as every other
> > > packages which matched a search for ncurses on my dselect. My
> > > sources for apt are set as
> >
> > libncurses5-dev
>
> this makes me wonder why make menuconfig doesn't tell you to install
> this particular package!  it's completely non-intuitive ...

'make menuconfig' is part of the Linux kernel. libncurses5-dev is
distribution-specific. The Linux kernel isn't generally in a position to
give you advice on things that differ between distributions.

Debian kernel-source packages suggest libncurses-dev (which
libncurses5-dev provides).

Cheers,