Re: Debian lilo won't boot Redhat

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 12:51, Ross Boylan wrote:
> To clarify: I mounted the red hat partitions under /red when running
> Debian.  My understanding is the lilo's map, and so it's boot process,
> use absolute disk locations and so shouldn't care how I get to the
> files.  The lilo.conf under Debian refers to them like /red/boot/...
oh ok, sorry about that.

> RedHat's fstab does refer to the partitions as /dev/sdaXX, and does
> not use the /red root.
>
> So I don't think the use of /red is the source of the problem.  Of
> course, at this point, everything is suspect.  I have triple-checked
> that I'm actually referring to the right partitions under Debian.

Could you post the lilo.conf file. It could help out in figuring what is
wrong.

P.S. I usually copy all the different kernels onto the same partition
(seperate /boot, or / of one system in particular) and boot off of that
and then use root=partition to decide which system to use.

Bijan