Re: mozilla 1.3.1 java plugin

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 12:09:17PM -0400, tallison@tacocat.net wrote:
[Don't forget your attributions]
> > Have you installed the correct version of java?  Copies of java that
> > were compiled with gcc-2.95 don't work with copies of mozilla that were
> > compiled with gcc-3.2.
> >

> Actually, I don't know.

How recent is your copy of mozilla?

> I was in dselect and it didn't have any success in finding a package that
> related directly to the JRE that was isntalled.
>
> I thought that Debian could install Blackdown JRE as a .deb.

You can install it, but that doesn't mean that it will work with
mozilla, the debs were not compiled with gcc-3.2.  Try removing the
JRE that you installed, and install this:

<ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/java/JDK-1.4.1/i386/01/j2re-1.4.1-01-linux-i586-gcc3.2.bin>

(sorry about the long line).  It should work with copies of mozilla that
were compiled with gcc-3.2.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com