apt hangs

I have a system which seems very healthy, and it's been
unproblematic for the past year. Uptime is around 450 days!

I don't seem to be able to apt-get update anymore. This is a new
problem, I have been keeping the system up to date up until now.

The symptoms are that apt-get hangs on

  Building Dependency Tree... 50%

indefinitely. what's kind of curious is that if I attach strace, it
hangs at 67%.

strace output is at

  ftp://ftp.madduck.net/scratch/strace.apt-get.hangs.gz [62 Kb]

aptitude, btw, hangs during "Loading cache".

I'd appreciate any tips and hints...

`. `'`

Invalid PGP subkeys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!