Re: Knoppix

On Monday 23 June 2003 21:17, David Fokkema wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> Just tried Knoppix 3.2Beta. I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Liteline laptop
> with a 500Mhz AMD-K6-III, 60Mb RAM, trident cyberblade i7/DSTN 4Mb
> RAM with 800x600 TFT, 5Gb harddisk and touchpad. Just so you know...
>
> I'm impressed by the look of it and am pretty sure that it runs fine
> on a typical desktop, BUT
>
> My screen is shifted three pixels right. Under Debian, I can't do
> better without using the framebuffer. My mouse doesn't work unless I
> specify 'wheelmouse' which results in my mouse pointer flashing over
> the screen and clicking when I don't even touch buttons. Never had
> this in Debian, unless I just had booted into windows. Hard poweroff
> always fixed this, but not with Knoppix.

I don't know about your notebook's video card. But I have seen this
shoft to right, on systems with a NVidia graphic card. If you have a
NVidia card, and that shift really bothers you, then you can use the
proprietary nvidia driver, instead of the open source nv driver.
Knoppix ships with the later.

Cheers
--
/* "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a
conservative without changing a single idea."