Re: / is ext3 mounted as ext2

On Monday 23 June 2003 08:43 pm, Wolfgang Pauli wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I installed a new kernel (2.4.21) with ext3 included (using make install as
> last step). But when i reboot the rootfs is mounted as ext2. The other
> partitions are mounted as ext3.
> i tried:
> append="rootflags data=journal" but it didn't work.

You are stealing the thread.... but you made me just realize something very
important.

You have this problem because you do not have ext3 support built in your
kernel (you have it as a module). I had the same issue, i got this:

EXT2-fs warning (device ide0(3,8)): ext2_read_super: mounting ext3 filesystem
as ext2

Not good!.

So I just recompiled my kernel, making sure to include (in filesystems) ext3
built in the kernel, and now I get this:

kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds

Thank you man!, you saved me from a lot of pain after my next crash!.