Re: 'DriveReady SeekComplete' errors with new hard drive

Mark C <lists@funkypenguin.net> [2003-06-23 13:23]:
> > I just recently added a new hard drive to my firewall machine and I'm
> > seeing the following errors:
>
> >   hda: set_multmode: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error } hda:
> > set_multmode: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
>
> I doubt this will help, but I'll put my say in anyway :)
>
> I get the same on one of my workstations running a via chipset on a new
> hdd, I have tried 5 different hdd's on the same chipset/board and all give
> the same errors, I've tried different ide cables, bios updates, kernel
> updates, hdparm settings so in the end I ended up replacing only the
> motherboard for a sis chipset and perfect no errors.
>
> The hdd has been running for around a year, with not a single problem, no
> loss of data, no errors, so I decided to put it on the old mobo, wham!
> same errors.
>
> So it could be youre chipset for some reason??

could it be the case that the new hd is too big to handle for your
bios?

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |