Re: 'DriveReady SeekComplete' errors with new hard drive

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Lukas Ruf wrote:

> Mark C <lists@funkypenguin.net> [2003-06-23 13:23]:
> > > I just recently added a new hard drive to my firewall machine and I'm
> > > seeing the following errors:

assuming your fw was runnig fine .. until you added your new drive

a) make sure you have the same disk speed drive on the same ide cable
	- do NOT mix-n-match ata33 w/ ata66 w/ ata100 w/ ata133
	- do NOT mix-n-match 2MB disk buffer w/ 8MB disk buffers

b) do NOT use the silly 40 conductor ( ata-33 ) cables
	- use the thin 80conductor cable ( ata66/100/133 )

take out sharp bends out of your cables

as has been suggested earlier, make sure you have enabled the
ide/ata chipset on your motherboard for the kernel you're using

c ya
alvin