Re: OT: America's Army

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> writes:

> On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 12:02:20PM -0700, Leo Spalteholz wrote:
> > Damn these free software holier than thou zealots really drive me
> > through the roof.  Sorry to everyone else for the rant.
>
> Especially since the Army is trying to do something *nice* for once,
> should at least give them a chance to bring the beer.

>  Proprietary software won't die in a day, it'll take time for the
> industry to reacquaint itself with it's formerly open past.

When was this? It's pretty much been this way since the late 70s and
surely since the 80s. Unix was never free at first. Not until Linux
came around and the BSD's became free.

>Don't force it, or OSS becomes the very thing most of it's followers
>hate.

I hate software that I can't copy and modify. How will OSS (Free
Software) become the opposite of that if I personally choose not to
use proprietary software.

Bijan