Re: 3d acceleration with Radeon mobility

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 14:59, Jeremy Brooks wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a Thinkpad A31, which uses the Radeon mobility graphics chip.  I
> have installed testing, in order to get an X server that works with this
> adapter.

Is this the radeon 7500?  If so, it works well under xfree86 4.2 (4.1
had problems)-- I don't know if that has hit testing yet.  I believe the
Driver line should be "radeon", not "ati"-- though it shouldn't matter.

I also have:
Section "Module"
        Load  "GLcore"          # OpenGL support
        Load  "dri"             # Direct rendering infrastructure
        Load  "glx"             # OpenGL X protocol interface
EndSection
Section "Device"
        Identifier "ATI|Radeon Mobility M6 LY"
        Driver "radeon"
        BoardName "Unknown"
EndSection
Section "DRI"
        Mode 0666
EndSection

I also have the DefaultDepth set for 16 and not 24.  I think that for 3d
you need to be at 16.  (This is my wife's laptop, and frankly I can't
remember all the details).

Hope this helps,

Jamie

--