gmplayer geometry quirk

Hi all,

I have this odd little issue with gmplayer 0.90rc4-2.95.4 under gnome
1.4 on woody:

When I play a file using the -fs flag (with or without -vm), it opens
a window that's the *size* of the whole screen, but *positioned*
adjacent to (not on top of) the gnome panel at the top of my screen.
So the whole window is positioned one panel-width lower than it should
be, and I lose a little chunk of the video window off the bottom of
the screen.
This is annoying because a lot of what I watch is subtitled...

I've tried specifying -geometry 100% with no effect.
I often just use mplayer (no GUI) but there's the occasional .avi file
that won't resize properly in mplayer (but will in gmplayer... I
dunno why).

Yesterday it was truly fullscreen, and today it was displaced. I
wasn't messing with *any* video settings or mplayer settings or
anything.

So how to I get it back to being truly full-screen?

	Thanks!