Re: 3d acceleration with Radeon mobility

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 11:59:22AM -0700, Jeremy Brooks wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a Thinkpad A31, which uses the Radeon mobility graphics chip.  I
> have installed testing, in order to get an X server that works with this
> adapter.

you'll want a newer radeon driver, I think
you can go to http://www.apt-get.org & search for XFree86 4.3.0

or go to http://dri.sourceforge.net
(this is what I did, I have a R32 w/ a "Radeon Mobility M6 LY",
though I'm not sure if this was the most "Debian" way to do it)
follow the instructions at
http://dri.sourceforge.net/snapshots/README.Debian

> Kernel is 2.4.20, with CONFIG_DRM=y, CONFIG_DRM_NEW=y,
> CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=y, CONFIG_AGP=y, and CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y.

(if your not using the radeon driver included w/ the kernel,
you'll want to change "CONFIG_DRM_RADEON" to "n" (& the "CONFIG_DRM"s
too ?)

I'm new here but I hope that helps!

--
Mike Strean