Kernel version 2.4

Hi, I just installed Debian 3.0 r1 (woody). Since I have a Mylex DAC960 Raid controller I had to install the 2.2.20-compact version in order to get the controller working.

In order to use iptables (this machine has to be a firewall) I have to upgrade to a 2.4 kernel.

I tried kernel-image-2.4.18-686, but then my Mylex controller is not recognized anymore!

Can anyone think of a solution? (I’m not familiar with recompiling kernels etc....)

Regards, Remon Vos

rvos@home.nl