Re: OT: Malformed date header? (was: Re: Re: Kernel penguin logo?)

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 06:14:26PM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Wed, Dec 31, 1969 at 11:59:59PM +0000, Benedict Verheyen (linux4bene@pandora.be) wrote:
>
> The webmail service you're using is creating the following
>
>     Date: Thu 12 Jun 2003 13:32:37 +0200
>
> This is missing the ',' following 'Thu'.  Result is that your mail
> appears to have been sent on Dec 31, 1969 (one day prior to the epoch).
>
> I'm curious as to whether this is a bug with your mail service, or mutt.

On a related topic, is there a way to instruct procmail to fix broken
date on the flight. I would be happy to get rid of old mails showing at
the end of the mailbox because the sender believes we already are in
2010.

Thanks,
Christophe

Cats are intented to teach us that not everything in nature has a
function. --Garrison Keillor