Re: Creating a account with a blank password?

[20030617] Jason Grindlay (jasong@sslnz.com) wrote:

> (before I get the lecture about it being insecure creating a login
> account with no password - I need it for samba, I've got an issue with a
> Windows ME workstation refusing to connect to the SMB server and
> according advice I've recieved ME needs a account with no password to
> let it login.)

There's  a fix for that on the windoze side to allow them use
encrypted passwords. Basically it's a registry fix, however there's
been a long time since I last used it & don't remember how to do it.
Try googling or if anyone else here knows about it...

--
Manolis Tzanidakis
(mtzanidakis-at-freemail-dot-gr)