Re: howto add kde v3.x to woody ???
I had some problem initially on getting KDE 3.1 onto my Woody Debian
system until I read some newsgroup posting (including one about a KDE
3.1 Installation Jihad) and found out the best method...
1) If you are doing a clean Debian installation, make sure you don't
tick the desktop environment option
2) Make sure qt3lib is not installed on the system 'apt-get remove
3) Add 'http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1.2/Debian stable main' to
4) Do a 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get upgrade' to update some stuff
5) Do a 'apt-get install kdebase kdeadmin kdeutils arts ... etc'
6) Enjoy using KDE
2 Months+ Using Debian and loving it!