Re: alias in .xsession

Op ma 16-06-2003, om 18:09 schreef Stephen Touset:
> I'm trying to set up my .xsession to include an alias Unfortunately, the
> alias isn't created--when I run Eterm from the menu, it doesn't include
> the options. I'm positive that the file is being sourced, because the
> CVSROOT environment variable is being set correctly. How can I get the
> alias to apply to my Enlightenment session?

> stephen@ayn:~$ cat .xsession
> #!/bin/sh
> alias Eterm="/usr/bin/Eterm -t auto --trans -f rgb:dd/dd/dd"
> export CVSROOT=/home/stephen/Programs/CVS
> xscreensaver-command -exit
> xscreensaver &
> mount /mnt/win_c
> mount /mnt/win_d
> exec /usr/bin/enlightenment
>
> Stephen Touset

Remove the alias from .xsession and put it in ~/.bashrc
Make sure your ~/bash_profile file loads the .bashrc file:
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
   source ~/.bashrc
fi

Usually this is already in there so you just need to uncomment
this.

Then from X load an xterm or eterm and the alias should
be available

Regards,
Benedict Verheyen