Re: apt-get upgrade advice

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 02:22:22 +0100
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 01:12:57PM +0100, Richard Kimber wrote:
> > On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 01:29:09 -0400
> > Graeme Tank <graemet@umich.edu> wrote:
> > > and bug #188900 seems fixed.
> >
> > Thanks. But this morning listbugs still says it's open.  There isn't
> > much point in having this facility if it doesn't report the true
> > position.
>
> See bug #195897; apt-listbugs 0.0.20 fixes this.

Thanks.  I seem to have got myself into a mess now.
When I do an apt-get -u upgrade, I get
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  python-apt: Depends: python (< 2.2) but 2.2.2-6 is installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

It's not clear to me what the consequences are of doing
apt-get -f install python-apt
Is this a safe thing to do, or might everything else that
depends on the installed version of python be affected?

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/