Re: Internet Browser Preferences

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 13:15, Mark Roach wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 01:10, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> > I'm finding Epiphany impressive if you are using GTK2 oriented
> > applications, if you have Mozilla already on the system for the Gecko
> > portion. Otherwise, Mozilla Firebird has Gecko (or its own version
> > thereof) bundled in. If you are KDE-oriented, Konqueror is probably your
> > best choice. If you prefer twm or other very trimmed window manager
> > choices, lynx is an excellent option.
>
> I like Epiphany too, I have to say that I actually like the way it does
> bookmarks, I have never used bookmarks much, but the category style
> reall works for me. No more, "should this go under
> programming->python->documentation, or programming-web
> development->python etc" anyhow, a big <aol /> for epiphany (except for
> the awful smooth-scrolling that made its way as the default in 0.7.0, I
> had to recompile that option off )
>
> -Mark

Actually, for me, bookmarks are a problem, as Epiphany chokes
irretrievably (sp?) on Cyrillic bookmarks (I'm trying to learn Russian,
so this matters to me.) Otherwise, it is relatively slender in design,
focussed on browsing and compliant viewing.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org