Re: Internet Browser Preferences

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 00:26, Jake Johnson wrote:
> I don't want to get into any long debate, but I am looking for a light
> weight browser.  I am currently using Opera, but crashes occasionally and
> I am getting really annoyed.  What are you guys using?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jake Johnson
> http://www.plutoid.com

I'm finding Epiphany impressive if you are using GTK2 oriented
applications, if you have Mozilla already on the system for the Gecko
portion. Otherwise, Mozilla Firebird has Gecko (or its own version
thereof) bundled in. If you are KDE-oriented, Konqueror is probably your
best choice. If you prefer twm or other very trimmed window manager
choices, lynx is an excellent option.

Galeon is popular with many (requires GTK and Mozilla for Gecko,)
although I'm not as equally enthralled, personally. Of course, if you
don't want to leave Emacs, w3 in its appropriate incarnation for your
needs is a fine choice :)
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org