Re: fluxbox

On June 12, 2003 01:51 pm, SwordSaint0 wrote:
> Initial install of fluxbox went smoothly. apt-get install fluxbox
> got me an older version which had some bugs. So I did a dpkg -r and
> removed it. (please bear with me Im new to linux this is my second
> day at it and yes I have read every pertinent fluxbox man file as
> well as fluxboxes forum and faq) thus removing the package. I then
> downloaded the tar ball from fluxboxes site version 0.1.14 which
> should have resolved the issues i was having in which file changes
> made to config files where overwritten on restart of your window
> manager

hmm..  I would try apt pinning (read about it in the apt docs) to add
an unstable source then install the fluxbox from sid.  It is 0.1.14
and I've been running it for a couple of months with no problems.

or search for fluxbox on packages.debian.org and then manually
download and install the .debs there.

leo