Re: old interne modem (ISA)

 --- Robin Gerard <robin.jag@free.fr> escribió:
> Hello,
> I installed an old internal modem in my box :
>
> my (old) box : 486 SX  OS = potato
> my modem: Sporter Winmodem 56k
                    ^^^^^^^^

                    This is the problem!

> The modem works fine with win98 on COM3
> With potato I use ttyS2 (in the BIOS I enable COM3)
> but pppconfig (or wvdial) doesn't find the modem ?
>
> However my external modem 3com US Robotics 56 k works fine
> on ttyS1.

External modems are almost always hardware modems (i.e., all the sound
processing is done by the modem's chipset.

> Can someone tell me what I forgot to do or which type of internal
> modem (ISA) works with linux.

Any internal _hardware_ (as in non-winmodem) will work with linux.

Alternatively, you can checkout www.linmodems.org to see if there are
Linux drivers available for your particular modem.

> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> --
> Gerard

HTH,

-Roberto Sanchez

Yahoo! Sorteos  -  http://loteria.yahoo.es
Juega a la Lotería Primitiva sin salir de casa