Re: old interne modem (ISA)

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 02:29:04AM +0200, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
>  --- Robin Gerard <robin.jag@free.fr> escribió:
> > Hello,
> > I installed an old internal modem in my box :
> >
> > my (old) box : 486 SX  OS = potato
> > my modem: Sporter Winmodem 56k
>                     ^^^^^^^^
>
>                     This is the problem!
>
> Any internal _hardware_ (as in non-winmodem) will work with linux.
>
> Alternatively, you can checkout www.linmodems.org to see if there are
> Linux drivers available for your particular modem.

Thanks for this useful link. I changed the modem,
I take a 56 k Data Fax Modem  Diamond ...
Unfortunatly it doesn't work either.
But on the link I read that such modem needs the kernel 2.2.x
However I booted with the kernel 2.4.18.
I rebooted with the kernel 2.2.18 and miraculously the internal modem works.
(I have not understood everything ... ;-))

Many thanks to all for help.
--
Gerard