Re: old interne modem (ISA)

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 12:36:06AM +0000, Robin Gerard wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed an old internal modem in my box :
>
> my (old) box : 486 SX  OS = potato
> my modem: Sporter Winmodem 56k
>
> The modem works fine with win98 on COM3
> With potato I use ttyS2 (in the BIOS I enable COM3)
> but pppconfig (or wvdial) doesn't find the modem ?
>
> However my external modem 3com US Robotics 56 k works fine
> on ttyS1.
> Can someone tell me what I forgot to do or which type of internal
> modem (ISA) works with linux.

It used to be winmodem=throw it away and get another one, but now there
is some support. Check out the ltmodem drivers, actually dont bother, from the readme:

    Hopeless
    This kit will FAIL to support currently known
    winmodems with chipsets produced by Conexant, Motorola, Intel
    and US Robotics. AMR modems from Lucent/Agere and other
    manufacturers and not suppoorted by this driver pair.

sorry to not be much help,

--
hugh