Re: OT: The Hurd

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 09:41:25AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> Carel Fellinger wrote:
... snipped all but the strangly important dd line
> >   # dd  if=/dev/null of=/dev/fd0  bs=512 count=1
> Thanks for the response, Carel; I didn't mean to leave you hanging for
> so long without an acknowlegement, but I just haven't had time to get
> back to playing with the Hurd/grub. Looks like your post will help a lot
> when I get back to it though; thanks!

your welcome:) Oh, and when you do make a grub flop like this, be sure
not to skip the above "dd ... count=1" line when you opt for having a
non fat filesystem on that flop.  It took me quit some time to find
out that that was wat kept mount and grub from recognising the ext2 fs
I put on it.

--
groetjes, carel