cannot start snort ???

I just upgraded snort the other day:

	# sudo snort -V

	-*> Snort! <*-
	Version 2.0.0 (Build 72)
	By Martin Roesch (roesch@sourcefire.com, www.snort.org)

It appeared to startup OK; but, I never got any log activity nor daily
report.  So, I checked:

	ps aux | grep snort

It was not running.

Next, I tried to restart:

	# sudo /etc/init.d/snort start
	Starting Network Intrusion Detection System: snort.

Clearly, by that message, I have passed the initial init tests and am
inside the _start_ case.

However, I *cannot* start snort!  It is not running and I do not know
how to debug this one.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,