Re: Good Open Source Web Development software

On Wednesday 11 June 2003 08:11, Kevin Mark wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > To sum it up, yes, it is possible to easily design a fully W3C
> > compliant web page, which IE is not able to handle correctly. Two
> > years ago, I would have ignored this problem, arguing that many
> > people are using NS. But, nowadays, how can I convice myself to
> > ignore 90% ?
>
> <snip>
> So contrary to popular belief, we should not design web pages to be
> IE compliant, since they do not meet OPEN standards. Is this
> surprising?
>
> :-)

Well, the problem is, the opposite. When designing OPEN standard
compliant webpages, which are not IE compatible.

When a situation like this happens, you (the web designer) have got tree
choices:

1) forget the use of technology (CSS in this case)
2) forget Open Standard compliance
3) forget that the page sucks on 90% of people

I myself, chose number 3, because I had to use CSS, and I couldn't
ignore W3C compliance. Others, may not do so.

Cheers

--
Aryan