Sane Stuff

Hi Guys

I am trying to get SANE working, and need the latest version as it is the only
version supporting my scanner AFAIK (Lexmark X73). The SANE homepage tells me
to add

'binary
 deb http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/SANE stable main

 source
 deb-src http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/SANE stable main'

to my sources.list file. This I have done, however when I run apt-get update
the following error is displayed:

Building Dependency Tree... Done
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://people.debian.org stable/main
Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/people.debian.org_%7eaure32_SANE_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.

Has anyone on the list successfully used the same scanner as me, or is there
another repository with up to date debs ?

regards

Mark A