Re: Good Open Source Web Development software

 --- Kevin Griffis <kgriffis@mcnallybusinesssolutions.com> escribió:
> Greetings all,
>
> I would like to eventually do all my web development on my Linux laptop and
> ditch FrontPage altogether.  I am planning to build a site on a LAMP machine
> and was wondering what Open Source web design tools are out there for
> Debian.  Does anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Thank you for any help you can give me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kevin Griffis

Kevin,

I recently started doing some web development myself.  It just so happens that
the remote webserver hosting the site runs LAMP, so I installed Apache 1.3, PHP
4.3, and MySQL (don't recall the version), out of unstable.  I actually edit
the pages using gvim (the GTK+ version of vim) since it happens to accept all
the vi commands (to which I have become accustomed) and also allows point-and-
click for the few things which I find are easier that way.

I develop everything in my /var/www directory and then tar it up for upload to
the webserver once I have it going the way I like it.

-Roberto Sanchez

Yahoo! Sorteos  -  http://loteria.yahoo.es
Juega a la Lotería Primitiva sin salir de casa