Re: vnc

On 5 Jun 2003 jserrachinha <jserrachinha@camilopinto.pt> wrote:

> Why ou why vncserver dont work in gnome-session. I get a grey screen,
> but in kde works. What must i do?

Sorry, know nothing about vncserver.

> What's de + sign in option 2?

The + indicates which alternative is considered 'best', that is, has the
highest priority assigned to it by the system administrator.

> sid:/home/net# update-alternatives --config x-session-manager
>
> There are 2 alternatives which provide `x-session-manager'.
>
>   Selection    Alternative
> *     1        /usr/bin/gnome-session
>  +    2        /usr/bin/kde3
>
> Enter to keep the default[*], or type selection number:

So type 2 if vncserver is essential to you and only works in KDE, and leave
it that way until you find someone who knows how to make it work in Gnome.

Ben

--

B.F.M. Kal
Anjelierstraat 1,   2014 TC Haarlem,  Netherlands