Re: unable to compile a kernel

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

>> Even though the kernel apparently cannot be built with 3.x, I tried
>> it as you suggested. It got further than before, but now it can't
>> build the (debian stock) lm-sensors-source modules:
> That's a multi-line string which is a C extension no longer supported by
> gcc. File a bug.

Is the right fix to build the module with gcc-2.95, or to correct the
source so it builds with gcc-3.3?  Will the world fail horribly if the
kernel and modules aren't built with the same compiler, or is the
issue more that in some cases the modules won't build at all?  (*sees
impending doom of FTBFS bug against packages popping up right before
2-week trip*)

	-- Abra Mitchell