Re: unable to compile a kernel

hmm, ive never had kernel compile errors before, but
it sounds like you had one thing, then got an error,
then upgraded..

so I first off would do a   "make mrproper"  to
reupdate the compilation so it knows how your system
is setup since youve recently changed it

hope that helps

--- martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> i just tried to compile the kernel.org 2.4.20
> kernel, but it bailed
> out, line 440 of ide-cd.h contains invalid syntax --
> for gcc-3.3.
> the kernel README says that 2.95.3 has to be used,
> so I installed
> 2.95.4-17 from Debian. Now the error doesn't appear
> anymore, but
> a new one appeeared:
>
>   gcc-2.95 -D__KERNEL__

-I/home/madduck/compile/kernel/src/linux-2.4.20-grsec1.9.9h+freeswan1.99+preempt20030413/include