networking issue

Hi there,

I am currently having some problem with VPN, ping, telnet. When i
connect to network thru VPN, i am not able to see all the Linux/Unix
boxes on the network. I see few of them but not all.
I used some network utility on that windows box and tried to ping to all
the boxes but it pings some boxes with name resolution and ping some
without name resolution and also it doesn't ping few boxes at all. Out
of the boxes it can't ping at all is the internal dns (debian box)box.
The utility while pinging give the netbios name of the machine than
fully qualified dns name.
I don't understand if it is a firewall issue on (internal dns box) or
netmask problem or VPN configuration problem.
Kindly help and suggest something..

--
Vivek Kumar