Re: [Alsa-user] Re: bizarre ALSA problems with SBLive... -- SOLVED

Thus spake Greg Norris:
> I couldn't find any relevant technical docs at Dell's site, but
> according to their FAQ it uses the "EMU10K1X software-accelerated
> Digital Signal Processor".  The card lists the model as SB0200, and the
> chip has "EMU10K1X-DBQ" printed on it.  Apparently there's also a
> SB0203 model, which is just a minor revision.

The emu10k1 driver doesn't support it... to the best of my knowledge,
the only Linux driver for it can be found at:
http://www.opensound.com/linux-x86.html
It's not an open source driver however.  It's neither Free nor free.
http://www.opensound.com/readme/README.EMU10K1X.html  for a little
information on that specific card.  A co-worker of mine purchased the
drivers from them, but has not been satisfied with the sound quality.
Last I'd heard, he was going to purchase a separate _normal_ sblive pci
card and use it instead.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

"This makes _Driving Miss Daisy_ look like _Bullitt_!" -**. #512