Re: Local copy of mails in IMAP folder?

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 16:32, Dan Dofton wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:36:52 +0200
>
> Joerg Johannes <liste_joerg@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Is there a way to get a local copy of those mails, so that I
> > can read them weh I'm offline, too (and archive them on a backup
> > CD)?
>
> I use fetchmail to dump my imap mail into my local spool via exim.  I
> then have it locally available to sort with Sylpheed's filters .
>
> Here's how I do it:
>

> 502[mightyd@dld:~]$ cat .bash_profile
> <snip>
> if [[ `pgrep fetchmail` == "" ]]; then fetchmail -d 30; fi
> . .bashrc
>
> 503[mightyd@dld:~]$ cat .fetchmailrc
> poll mail.4cls.org with proto IMAP
> user 'ddofton'
> password '*********'
> folders main ipswitch
> keep

This looks good to me. But it gives me errors:

67 messages (67 seen) for joerg_johannes at imap.web.de (folder
Posteingang).
skipping message joerg_johannes@imap.web.de:1 (15645 octets) not flushed
<snipping 66 of the same messages>
fetchmail: mailbox selection failed
fetchmail: client/server synchronization error while fetching from
imap.web.de
fetchmail: Query status=7 (ERROR)

Here is what I have changed my .fetchmailrc to:

poll imap.web.de with proto IMAP
user 'joerg_johannes'
password '++++++++++++'
folders Posteingang Amazon Ebay
keep

Hmm, what's wrong with it? (What is "Query status=7"?)

joerg
--
Gib GATES keine Chance!