Re: Very slow nfs client (woody) > server (woody)

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 00:01, Mark Ferlatte wrote:

> Just a guess: I have 4 of these entries... and I'm pretty sure that you're
> supposed to have more than one kernel NFS thread on the server.  Are you using
> the userspace NFS server?

How would I tell that? (sorry to sound silly)
I basically install nfs-common and nfs-kernel-server and set them, up as
pre the man pages.

>  That would account for the poor NFS performance.
> You're also using NFS v2 instead of v3... v3 will probably help you also.

Yes, I removed --no-nfs-version 3 from /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server,.
but still slow to write to the server (read is fine)

> What is the RPCNFSDCOUNT in /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server?  And how many nfsds
> are you running? (ps ax | grep nfsd)

8

Also ps -ax | grep nfsd reports: 8 threads in use

Thanks for the help :)

Mark
--
Please be aware that I do not read or reply to messages
with attachments in any proprietary format.

Proprietary format attachments are a major obstacle to the
broader adoption of GNU/Linux.

Remember: Competition is good for business; Proprietary denies choice..