Re: Sawfish - keybinding funny.

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:24:05PM -0500, Todd Pytel wrote:
} I noticed this also with Sarge. Looks like Sawfish is being moved to the
} GNOME 2 version, which in my experience has always sucked tremendously.
} Somehow, they took a nice, simple window manager that had just the right
} options, reduced the number of options, removed the config tool, and
} yet still left it working worse than before.

How odd. I'm using sawfish from testing (i.e. sarge, i.e. version 1:1.3-2)
with GNOME2 and it works just fine. A version or two ago they broke the
configuration tool (sawfish-ui), but it works now and it uses GTK2. My
bound keystrokes work every time. GNOME2 has also gotten pretty solid and
stable, and now that gaim is GTK2 everything I use plays nice together
(well, okay, it can't remember anything about xterms and I refuse to use
any other terminal emulator, but that's a personal problem).

} Solution: Use Metacity.

Now Metacity is truly a steaming pile. I haven't found a window manager
that frustrating since mwm.

} --Todd
--Greg