Re: runlevels [was: fried(?) computer hangs on boot]

Thanks for your help, everyone.

My mom asked me about the problem, so I explained it in as much detail as I could (she's the only person in the family who's not a computer person, though), and she's convinced that there's something physically wrong with the HD (I dunno why, but that's her belief)-- so she says that tomorrow she's going to buy me a new 60 GB HD! :) That's better than the 40 I have now. :) So I'll just install clean on there, then just 'mv' /home and at least part of /var (mostly /var/www) to the new HD. *shrug* Good way to clean up a couple mistakes, too (like making the hostname "Neuromancer" not "neuromancer"-- I'll make it lowercase this time :).

Thank you anyway. :)

---