/dev/radio not found, but it is there.......

Hello, I have a problem I installed debian 3.0 on a 200 mzh pc.

I have a radiocard which I have used before on linux.

I had a cdrom and made rescue and root floppys to boot.

When I had istalled all the drivers needed for the card and wanted to use my
card with the programs radio or fm. The machine said "no such device /dev/radio "

No radio or video device where in the /dev/ folder and I made them by using
mknod c radio  61 81 , something like this, It was created and also a link
/dev/radio to /dev/radio0.

Still the programs dont want to see /dev/radio

Is it possible that I should have a nother devicenumber and are
/dev/radio /dev/radio0 and /dev/video not made when the kernel is made and the
modules installed?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Ingi