Re: /dev/radio not found, but it is there.......

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 14:55, ingirafn@this.is wrote:
> Hello, I have a problem I installed debian 3.0 on a 200 mzh pc.
>
> I have a radiocard which I have used before on linux.
>
> I had a cdrom and made rescue and root floppys to boot.
>
> When I had istalled all the drivers needed for the card and wanted to use my
> card with the programs radio or fm. The machine said "no such device /dev/radio "
>
> No radio or video device where in the /dev/ folder and I made them by using
> mknod c radio  61 81 , something like this, It was created and also a link
> /dev/radio to /dev/radio0.
>
> Still the programs dont want to see /dev/radio
>
> Is it possible that I should have a nother devicenumber and are
> /dev/radio /dev/radio0 and /dev/video not made when the kernel is made and the
> modules installed?
>
> Looking forward to hear from you.
>
> Ingi

Tangentally (sorry, I don't have useful information on this,) how good
are the radio cards? I have a stereo about two metres to my tight that I
can't see one of those cards replacing, partly because I haven't seen
one that also supports my 78 rpm platters the way my stereo does
(although they aren't *in* stereo,) but it doesn't hurt knowing in case
a reason did arise for considering one.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org