Re: M$ licenses Unix

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:03:03AM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:

> Anyway, the risk of legal action would seem like an impelling reason to
> have subscription-only lists.  That, and to keep spammers from using
> lists as a type of open relay.

I've always been for subscription only lists.  Every list I maintain is
subscription only.

> I'm sorry, I understand someone that might need the help of
> debian-user but not want to deal with the bulk of the email, but I
> just don't see it as that much trouble to subscribe, post the question
> and then unsubscribe.

It's not.

> That said, debian-user, for it's volume, is one of the most civil,
> tolerant and just plain helpful lists  around.

Based on the lists I'm subscribed to currently and those I've been
subscribed to in the past without a doubt.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar