Re: M$ licenses Unix

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 07:53:33PM +0200, Joris wrote:
> > I'm sorry, I understand someone that might need the help of
> > debian-user but not want to deal with the bulk of the email, but I
> > just don't see it as that much trouble to subscribe, post the
> > question and then unsubscribe.
>
> well, I do. among many others, I read the list as a newsgroup. having
> to subscribe to be able to post would be a great nuisance and would
> discourage people (including me) from contributing.

Would that really be the case if there was an option to "subscribe" and
set yourself to "no-mail".  Then you'd have the right to post because
you're subscribed and not have to receive the deluge of e-mail.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar